displaying posts 451 to 475 of 3423

Pages (137): first .. 18 [19] 20 .. last

Author Subject: Day666 / 6 updates / 1% road 99% track/Race
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #451
phillipm wrote:
Day666 wrote:

Because I've changed so much it needs a good shake down locally (NOT) a 3hrs drive away & note I would have to drive it to & from there Crazy

Pfft, first run the buggy got in anger was a 4 hour trip and we had to ship it there on a lorry. The the clutch went LOL

Blimey Phil ...now that makes me look like nothing Thumbs up
Your Car does have a monster Engine though ...mine doesn't YET Whistle
Posted 20th Apr 2016 at 19:38
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #452
Nah, that was when it had the rotary in, it was 'only' 250 horsies on the first motor Wink LOL

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 20th Apr 2016 at 20:47
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #453
phillipm wrote:
Nah, that was when it had the rotary in, it was 'only' 250 horsies on the first motor Wink LOL

ONLY LOL
Posted 20th Apr 2016 at 21:17
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #454
Just got a present given to me by Aerocatch Rep
It's been a great day ...

Will use these on my twin skin tailgate coming Thumbs up

Day666 has attached the following image:

Posted 22nd Apr 2016 at 14:30
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #455
Got one of these coming in 4wks to try ....my tailgate Blokes ordered on in .....
Now my engines fully locked down by Vibratecnics comp mounts all round....I'm hoping this will work ...

Posted 23rd Apr 2016 at 09:21
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #456
I'm hoping it will fit like this ?
But on the correct car LOL
But in black GRP not Carbon fibre

Going to have change my Radiator for a much lower one & I have already got my slam panel removed so I will see how it goes ...

Posted 23rd Apr 2016 at 09:44
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #457
This is coming along nicely.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 23rd Apr 2016 at 11:52
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #458
daveyboy wrote:
This is coming along nicely.

Yes pleased with it Jim ......your engine would fit a treat in it Whistle

I'm really gutted yours won't be finished ....what sort of money would the complete Engine be ...got flywheel & Clutch & bodies ?
Head Pistons crank cams etc
Posted 23rd Apr 2016 at 11:57
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #459
It's all in the list, I've just messaged the guy and told him I'm not up for taking in the Cat D as a swap. I've done a bit of research and insurance is dearer, that and the obvious resale value taking a dive it's just too much of a loss.
I'm not in such a rush now as it turns out the house sale is coming along sooner than expected so I'll have a place to put the car and keep work happy as they will need the room. So now it's back to a decision to sell in bits, or to finish and use as a track car.
There is space out the back of the garage to put in some paving and a fenced compound to store the car securely. That being the case I do have to option to finish this in my own time. But the money is tempting.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 23rd Apr 2016 at 13:00
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #460
Please please try & keep it Thumbs up

I'll always buy the Engine off you anyway ..can't afford a 2.2 Sandy engine for 2 years ....

Brilliant news ....that car is a bloody credit to you Jim Yes
Posted 23rd Apr 2016 at 13:49
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #461
Cheers, it's nothing special though bud, a caged shell and a few boxes of bits lol

Harness bars
Posted 23rd Apr 2016 at 15:20
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #462
Well dare I say it ?
It's going well Thumbs up

Finished all the outside stuff inc fitting the Ajustable ARB drop links & won't be fitting the Maxi Evo 2 Airbox for a while as I want to get some use out of the car this year it's LOL

It's going to need a much shorter radiator possible with a separate expansion tank ?
I've had the car going again today on axle stands for well over an hour & everything appears great ...changed into all gears up & down appears fine ....

Going to start strapping & taping up my stripped dash loom tomorrow & fixing my fuel lines to the passenger tunnel ...

Hopefully my full Fibreglass dash will be ready to collect this Weds ?
I've got the windscreen already out as its (new) & I bought a Pilkington Green Screen without a rain sensor which I wouldn't use & fitted a much smaller rear view mirror ....much better vision without the huge plastic sensor cowling & Windsreen Obs band printed around it .
I may bolt my drivers seat in Tommorow & take her for a little spin Whistle
Posted 23rd Apr 2016 at 19:53
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #463
I have a shorter radiator on mine, i think its meant to fit a 205. Took a bit of effort to fit and do the plumbing as obviously it's not designed for a 306, but a man of your calibre could sort it out no problem.
I think mine is made by a company called Direnza from memory, the build quality seems good enough to me. I then made a header tank to suit the system, and after a trackday i realised i needed an expansion tank to catch the coolant that has expanded out of the header under pressure, as the header is fairly small in volume.
Mine had a full day of abuse at cadwell yesterday without a single coolant temperature issue, i have however made a shroud for it to force more air through as it got a bit warm at the previous trackday for my likeing, but that could also have been because the laminova was sticking loads of extra heat into the coolant with the oil hitting ~140c Doh LOL

Goldie the track car.
Posted 23rd Apr 2016 at 20:26
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #464
prism7guy wrote:
I have a shorter radiator on mine, i think its meant to fit a 205. Took a bit of effort to fit and do the plumbing as obviously it's not designed for a 306, but a man of your calibre could sort it out no problem.
I think mine is made by a company called Direnza from memory, the build quality seems good enough to me. I then made a header tank to suit the system, and after a trackday i realised i needed an expansion tank to catch the coolant that has expanded out of the header under pressure, as the header is fairly small in volume.
Mine had a full day of abuse at cadwell yesterday without a single coolant temperature issue, i have however made a shroud for it to force more air through as it got a bit warm at the previous trackday for my likeing, but that could also have been because the laminova was sticking loads of extra heat into the coolant with the oil hitting ~140c Doh LOL

Brilliant I'll look into that ...it's not on my important list yet LOL
Want to get the fibreglass dash flocked & then fitted & tailgate sprayed & fitted ....

I had Oil temp Probs before dumping the Mocal thermostat that was sticking & I now have a full open circuit Mocal NO Thermostat
Was Using 10w/50 millers full syn Nano also ...
Posted 23rd Apr 2016 at 22:23
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #465
Just keep an eye on them on ebay, they seem to fetch ~£140 new, i got mine new but auction style and think i bagged it for around £75 delivered. If you're in no rush for one then you could just keep an eye on it and if a bargain shows up you can grab it. Thumbs up

Goldie the track car.
Posted 23rd Apr 2016 at 22:34
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #466
prism7guy wrote:
Just keep an eye on them on ebay, they seem to fetch ~£140 new, i got mine new but auction style and think i bagged it for around £75 delivered. If you're in no rush for one then you could just keep an eye on it and if a bargain shows up you can grab it. Thumbs up

Great ...
Is the bottom hose push / clip fit or needs adapting ?
It's a 205 one I'll keep a look out for ....are all models the same ?....
I can get alloy welded no Probs & bits made if needed ....not a issue ....

I would need to change my fan from standard running
Off my DTA also ....more money Crazy
Posted 23rd Apr 2016 at 22:39
manthos

Seasoned Pro

Post #467
Man this is coming on great you've really made some progress since i saw you at pugfest

Team SUPERCHARGED

Ninja I LIVE FOR THE 306 Ninja

Old Project thread

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url =
Posted 23rd Apr 2016 at 23:04
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #468
Its not a fitting like a 306 uses, just the type where you push the hose over and use a jubilee clip. The bottom mounting is pretty much the ideal location for how the normal bottom hose is routed, you could potentially get away with chopping the push fit fitting off a normal hose then shoving the rubber over, thats what i did for mine, you may need to fettle the front leg holes a little though to ensure the hose can't rub where it goes through.
The top hose comes off on an angled ally tube which aims towards downwards towards the bottom hose ends mounting, which would need chopping off and a fresh bit of tube welding on to aim it towards the thermostat housing. I kept mine with the angled bit as i just ran that into the laminova which sits along the top edge of the radiator, and knocked up a fresh run of coolant hose from the laminova to the thermostat housing area. For mine i sourced an ally hose adapter which mounts to the thermostat housing and gets rid of the normal plastic push fitting thing.
There may be a few pics somewhere in my project thread on how i did it, as im sure i'm describing it pretty badly LOL

Yeah you'd need to change from a standard fan, or make some sort of mounting for one to be used. I can't remember if my pair of slimlines are 10" or 12" off hand, but they fit perfectly. Mine are just cheap ones which carbuildersolutions sell, they're plenty good enough to bring the coolant temps right down when they kick in if im stuck in traffic. Now i have shrouding around the radiator it's plenty good enough to keep the coolant to 90c or less when giving the car abuse on track. As for their reliability, mine have been on 3-4 years and are still going strong.
If you head to a car show where CBS are attending, you may get a better deal on price than online. They'll be at the Stoneleigh kit car show next weekend, really nice and helpful guys whenever i've had dealings with them. Smile

Goldie the track car.
Posted 23rd Apr 2016 at 23:10
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #469
Big Thank you Steve Thumbs up

I'll see how everything else goes ...it's all working great at mo ...and tailgate & Airbox arnt here for 4wks Thumbs down

May be cutting it to fine to strip ?.....ill see what happens m8
Posted 24th Apr 2016 at 00:37
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #470
I forgot to mention, the radiator has pins on the bottom much like the 306 ones which fit in the rubber vibration dampers, but their spacing is different to that of a 306 so you will need to drill a new hole in the lower cross member for one of the rubber bobbins to fit in. You'll also need to fabricate some way of holding the top of the radiator in place, i just made an alloy top cross member and used some m6 rubber bobbins to mount it with to help reduce vibration. To do it my way you'd also need to weld a couple of bits of ally to the top of the radiator for the mounting bobbins to screw into. It's all pretty simple to do though. Thumbs up

Goldie the track car.
Posted 24th Apr 2016 at 01:19
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #471
Carl has one of those air boxes and I think he used a 106 GTi rad. It's not as low as a 205 rad but is much narrower so can be put to the side of the airbox. It has a header tank etc. so just needs to be plumbed in.

Not sure if that's any use but thought I'd let you know Smile

Rallye Race Car
Posted 24th Apr 2016 at 17:45
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #472
Well here we go ...
New Radiator bought for a 205gti ....desided to go Nissens because it was under £100 new & local supplier had it Thumbs up

So I'm now looking for a Expansion tank & a way of filling the Rad without using the tiny rad expansion outlet ....maybe put a joiner with a opener in between the 205 top hose ....
Ps I'm going to try & use a GTI to 205 car thermostat conversion now has its 205 rad ...
Baker BBM

Posted 25th Apr 2016 at 13:30
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #473
Got to love the Nissens Packaging Thumbs up

Got toget some hoses & a nice fan to buy & weld some fixing alloy plate to the top of the Rad for the rubber bobbins to fix to ....
Mikolar clips alround Thumbs up

Posted 25th Apr 2016 at 13:35
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #474
Day666 wrote:
Well here we go ...
New Radiator bought for a 205gti ....desided to go Nissens because it was under £100 new & local supplier had it Thumbs up

So I'm now looking for a Expansion tank & a way of filling the Rad without using the tiny rad expansion outlet ....maybe put a joiner with a opener in between the 205 top hose ....
Ps I'm going to try & use a GTI to 205 car thermostat conversion now has its 205 rad ...
Baker BM
Posted 25th Apr 2016 at 13:36
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #475
you could use a 205 tank, quite easy to plumb it into a 306.

dont cut into the top hose, ill get you a diagram later, standard 406 top hose.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 25th Apr 2016 at 13:45

Pages (137): first .. 18 [19] 20 .. last