displaying posts 626 to 650 of 3423

Pages (137): first .. 25 [26] 27 .. last

Author Subject: Day666 / 6 updates / 1% road 99% track/Race
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #626
demondriverdan wrote:
You should be well under 1000kg, I'm at 955kg and we've got fairly similar spec. I've done some other bits like remove PAS and re-do the wiring but that isn't a huge saving, maybe 10kg combined. I've got that fibreglass boot to fit but if I do that I have to put ballast back in to stay in the same class so not much point!

I didn't want to go too crazy and compromise safety. There's a high chance I'll crash and would rather the car / I survive than take another 5kg out

I think my cage would be heavier and I've still got my ABS connected. I would be more than happy with 950kg but remember mines still road legal Dan, and I've got a swirl pot system fitted. I must admit I've taken a lot of weight out from under the bonnet but yeah 950 I'd be happy with considering I haven't compromised safety either. Got my twinskin fibreglass tailgate coming in 2 weeks time.Thumbs up
I've still got PAS LOL
Posted 5th May 2016 at 18:10
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #627
Great result my Dash Temperature is as good as spot on says 90 & reads 91 all over Thermostate housing using Lazer temperature Gun.
Fan comes on at 90 and switches off at 87 so I'm more than happy, only slight disappointment is DTA is reading 95.
I think that's because it may not be happy with the resistance of the standard temperature sender but I'm not worried as its all working fine.
Posted 5th May 2016 at 18:32
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #628
Adam is just under the 1000kg mark with pas, 2 seats on heavy slidera and a chunky weld in cage.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 5th May 2016 at 19:44
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #629
welshpug! wrote:
Adam is just under the 1000kg mark with pas, 2 seats on heavy slidera and a chunky weld in cage.

Fingers crossed Mei Thumbs up
Posted 5th May 2016 at 20:29
Twangy

Senior User

Post #630
coming along nicely damien , havent been on for a while and your flying along with it m8

wayne mcardle
Posted 5th May 2016 at 20:47
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #631
What ecu are you running Damien? Could it be mis reading because the temperature sensor setting in the ecu is for a different model of sensor?
My Dta had quite a few sensors in a drop down box to choose from, so I guess different ones would have different temperatures for the same resistance value. That'd be my guess if it's an aftermarket ecu or maybe some resistance somewhere along the wiring. Dunno

Goldie the track car.
Posted 5th May 2016 at 21:11
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #632
Twangy wrote:
coming along nicely damien , havent been on for a while and your flying along with it m8

Proper skint now Wayne but thank you m8 ...

How's yours going ?
Posted 5th May 2016 at 21:27
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #633
prism7guy wrote:
What ecu are you running Damien? Could it be mis reading because the temperature sensor setting in the ecu is for a different model of sensor?
My Dta had quite a few sensors in a drop down box to choose from, so I guess different ones would have different temperatures for the same resistance value. That'd be my guess if it's an aftermarket ecu or maybe some resistance somewhere along the wiring. Dunno

DTA40s Steve it's not a problem but would be great if it's that simple ...only 5 degrees out LOL
Posted 5th May 2016 at 21:28
Twangy

Senior User

Post #634
Day666 wrote:
Twangy wrote:

Proper skint now Wayne but thank you m8 ...

How's yours going ?

engine getting rebuilt at moment ,and made more carbon parts and managed to finish most off what want to do ,so just got to refit engine and box and get mapped Thumbs up just dont get time to go on forum as mad busy m8

wayne mcardle
Posted 5th May 2016 at 22:07
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #635
Day666 wrote:
prism7guy wrote:

DTA40s Steve it's not a problem but would be great if it's that simple ...only 5 degrees out LOL

I cant remember which option i have mine set to, and ive got a hectic weekend coming up so probably wont get chance to plug the laptop in to see which i have selected but remind me via pm next week and i'll have a look for you, i'm on an S40 too Thumbs up

Goldie the track car.
Posted 5th May 2016 at 22:42
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #636
Day666 wrote:
prism7guy wrote:

Bear in mind that infrared thermometers can read inaccurately due to varying emissivities of the surfaces you're measuring off of. The difference typically isn't large but it can be out by a couple of degrees.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 5th May 2016 at 23:17
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #637
RetroPug wrote:
Day666 wrote:
prism7guy wrote:

Bear in mind that infrared thermometers can read inaccurately due to varying emissivities of the surfaces you're measuring off of. The difference typically isn't large but it can be out by a couple of degrees.

Yes Luke 2.5% up or down m8 Thumbs up
I'm 100% sure as Steve says its DTA drop box sort Whistle ....not a. Big issue if any ...ON DASH Fan comes on spot on 90 & goes off 87 m8 ...Lazer thermo Gun says 89 & 86 ...so great m8 Thumbs up
Posted 6th May 2016 at 08:33
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #638
90s quite low for the fan to come on? I think I have mine set to come on at 95 and turn off at 90, although I sit at 90 on track anyway I think due to the cowling not being there.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 6th May 2016 at 09:28
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #639
where were you measuring the temperature?

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 6th May 2016 at 11:13
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #640
Thermostat housing & tried all over but top outside behind Thermostat just below Brass bleed screw is hottest Whistle
Posted 6th May 2016 at 13:11
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #641
Sunday update ...LOL
Both sides of the angled alloy to aid Airflow have been finished ....they float & allow the radiator to move freely ...a couple of dabs of clear silicon will stop vibration ....it fits tight with a 15mm gap all round inside of bumper Thumbs up

Bumpers gone on now .....nothing to exciting seeing a picture of a bumper ...

Day666 has attached the following image:

Posted 8th May 2016 at 18:05
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #642
Didn't have loads of time today as I worked all day yesterday & until 2.00pm today so I did as much with the fibreglass
dash what was possible ..,got it fitting a treat & only need two brackets that will bond onto the inside of the dash & then clamp to my behind dash Rollcage crossbrace ...

Posted 8th May 2016 at 21:49
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #643
I'm really pleased with it but not how much it bloody cost Thumbs down

Posted 8th May 2016 at 18:10
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #644
Best of all I can't believe how much it weighs ...I was told 1.2kgs but I put it on my digital scales on its end after power filing its rough edges & its 0.863kgs not even a KG Crazy
I rang him and he said we guessed it LOL

For single skin it's so stiff & I believe it's because of all of the returns & stop corners & ends .....hardly any flex ....much stiffer than my cut about / lightened old flocked dash ...

Got to cut out holes for a gauges tomorrow & buy a Battery volts gauge Whistle plus something else ..have Stack oil pressure gauge already ..

Posted 8th May 2016 at 18:17
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #645
51mm not 52 hole saw Arbor just bought from Amazon & only ordered yesterday £5 inc p&p Thumbs up

Need to drill the centre of my fibreglass dash for my three stack gauges ...
It's going to damage the gel coat so got it a little smaller & dremel the edges lightly after .

Posted 9th May 2016 at 11:24
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #646
looks good are you running the standard dash clocks?
Posted 9th May 2016 at 11:46
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #647
blandy wrote:
looks good are you running the standard dash clocks?

Yes 100% dash clocks Thumbs up
But everything on dash centre where Radio normally is different apart from Hazard lights switch Crazy
That has Stack Oil pressure gauge & Stack Volt metre & I need something else possible ?
Posted 9th May 2016 at 12:11
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #648
Stack AFR gauge? :B

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 9th May 2016 at 12:37
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #649
AEM wideband?

save sandy some work next time its mapped Wink

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 9th May 2016 at 13:24
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #650
daveyboy wrote:
Stack AFR gauge? :B

Crikey Jim they are £260 m8 Crazy ...must admit that does come with a Bosch WB Lamba LOL

Even though it's Stack ...looks nothing like my Other two Stack oil & volts Pro gauges Whistle

Is this as good as AEM ones ?
Posted 9th May 2016 at 15:04

Pages (137): first .. 25 [26] 27 .. last