displaying posts 576 to 600 of 3423

Pages (137): first .. 23 [24] 25 .. last

Author Subject: Day666 / 6 updates / 1% road 99% track/Race
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #576
Robdog Rallye wrote:
Your work ethic really is incredible Damien Thumbs up

Love the updates, wish mine was coming along as fast as yours, also going to have a nose at FCS Big grin

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now & as I've already said the girlfriends not best pleased at the moment Thumbs down ...
After the Fans fitted & wired up I'll put the bumper back on for the 10th time & start finishing the dash loom which is 3/4 done ----ready for Tuesday now ----trial fitting my fibreglass full width dash & then (3gan / Lee ) on here is going to flock it dark Slate Grey

Will be great to see you also at FCS Robbie Thumbs up
Hope your cars coming along healthy ?
Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 20:01
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #577
Why is it taking so long?

Because racecar...

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 21:55
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #578

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 22:03
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #579
daveyboy wrote:
Why is it taking so long?

Because racecar...

LOL ....I'm doing my best to tell her that Jim Thumbs up

Sadly her sons a Mechanic ....he knows it's No Race car Jim ...I tell her I'm just doing everything possible to make it handle better & go quicker without touching the Engine internals ....And Safer so my 16yr old Son will be safe LOVE LOL
She's a bloody switched street wise girl & no flys on her ...sadly LOL

It's all ready for 18-24 months time when hopefully somehow I'll have the funds for a 2.2 SB lump ...all I'll need is to fit a Accusump & the bare Engine then SIMPLE Thumbs up
Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 22:13
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #580
It will go like a racecar from that point onwards.

Harness bars
Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 22:30
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #581
there are many race and rally cars nowhere near the spec and attention to detail shown here!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 22:39
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #582
daveyboy wrote:
It will go like a racecar from that point onwards.

I'm so hoping it goes much better Now Jim ..I was really pleased with it before ...but you know the story m8 ...never happy want more ...Sandy watched me at Combe last year & said the chassis & Suspension is on the limit & until I sort that out I'll be wasting my money on his Engine Thumbs down
So I just went money crazy and spent the engine money & much much more on sorting the rest of the whole car out & I did everything possible & spoke & got advice off all the most knowledgeable people & took ideas off all the cars on here that seem to work really well & as Russain Guy says ....it's all the little bits put together that all add up to a lot LOL

I'll be devastated if it's not 25% better all round if not more Whistle
Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 22:50
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #583
welshpug! wrote:
there are many race and rally cars nowhere near the spec and attention to detail shown here!

Thank you Mei ...you have helped me over the 3 years so much m8 ...you need to come & have a drive Thumbs up

I've tried to do it all correct & think of as much as possible ?....trying to avoid failures & problems as MUCH as I can Whistle

Nearly went the Supercharged route ...but Jenvey offered to help a little so Here we are Crazy
I know what's going to happen ...the car will be great but I'll be annoyed as I'll need more power to keep the SC boys at bay on the straights Whistle
But round them bends & twists I'm hoping to make up for lack of power LOL
Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 22:58
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #584
Most of the SC boys are Jessies. They daren't go on track for fear of breaking something.

Harness bars
Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 23:10
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #585
Quite true we are not afraid of breaking something we know we will. Smile
Keep the updates coming mate looks like it's going to be an absolute weapon, hopefully when I've got that gearbox sorted I can come do some track time with you

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 23:13
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #586
a standard v6 will push a low boost along quite nicely, i doubt you have much to be worried sbout if that even bothers you Wink

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 23:18
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #587
daveyboy wrote:
Most of the SC boys are Jessies. They daren't go on track for fear of breaking something.

I'll tell you something else I've noticed Jim ...a few of the really top end N/A cars with expensive engines are driven terrible ..all the gear & no idea LOL

I personally think the SC boys find it harder to control on bends & twists ...amazingly quick on straights & slight corners ....but N/A seems to get the power down without breaking away & loves Corners & twists ...my view Whistle

Ross ...I'd love that m8 Thumbs up

Mei ....never seen a v6 in the flesh or running ?
Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 23:40
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #588
Track days are about fun. If that is going to be spoiled by someone rocking up with a faster car then I've got bad news for you Damien, there is always going to be a faster car/person with deeper pockets. It's all about building a car you can take pride in and go as fast as you're able. Don't get hung up on beating anyone, you will be faster than plenty, but if somebody rocks up with a well driven Boxster you are going to get left behind. Enjoy it for what it is.

Harness bars
Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 23:41
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #589
Totally agree Jim it's about FUN that's why I'm thinking do I really need a super doper engine ?....sadly YES Razz ...I find not many do all there own work though
LOL ....
Rallyash has possibly got the most sorted all round car I personally know of ...
If I can someday stay with his car ...ill be more than happy Thumbs up

Had a 250 Renault standard Megane at FCS up my ass lap after lap last time ....but unknown to me it was a bloody British Touring car driving giving rides but he did have diff tyres on Naughty so & so ...what I'm really doing is enjoying working on it & challenging myself Thumbs up
I totally loved Prescott Me against myself LOL
Manthos I'm sure will agree as he was in with me for 1 climb ...I was on the limit & we nearly ended up over the edge at one point ...only my super-soft sticky road legal just Kumos saves my ass ...

I so enjoy working on it ...as much as driving it Jim Crazy
Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 23:58
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #590
Day666 wrote:
Totally agree Jim it's about FUN that's why I'm thinking do I really need a super doper engine ?....sadly YES Razz ...I find not many do all there own work though
LOL ....
Rallyash has possibly got the most sorted all round car I personally know of ...

Had a 250 Renault standard Megane at FCS up my ass lap after lap last time ....but unknown to me it was a bloody British Touring car driving giving rides but he did have diff tyres on Naughty so & so ...what I'm really doing is enjoying working on it & challenging myself Thumbs up
Manthos I'm sure will agree as he was in with me for 1 climb ...I was on the limit & we nearly ended up over the edge at one point ...only my super-soft sticky road legal just Kumos saves my ass ...that really did bring it home about what AdamB said about Safty having a cage Roll eyes

Posted 1st May 2016 at 00:00
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #591
Rallyeash's car is an animal, not seen a 'normal' car leave mine for dead like his did for a long time!
Well peddled and very well setup!

Goldie the track car.
Posted 1st May 2016 at 00:40
manthos

Seasoned Pro

Post #592
Damien where did you get your stud conversion kit from I want one and have seen lots of eBay but don't want them to be made of cheese

Team SUPERCHARGED

Ninja I LIVE FOR THE 306 Ninja

Old Project thread

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url =
Posted 1st May 2016 at 07:38
manthos

Seasoned Pro

Post #593
Day666 wrote:
LOL ....

Manthos I'm sure will agree as he was in with me for 1 climb ...I was on the limit & we nearly ended up over the edge at one point ...only my super-soft sticky road legal just Kumos saves my ass ...

Yiu were definitely giving it your all and boy that thing is fast in the corners comes out of them like a sling shot. I still need to fund that video and send it to you sorry. your car does have pull your face off grip

Team SUPERCHARGED

Old Project thread

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url =
Posted 1st May 2016 at 07:41
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #594
manthos wrote:
Damien where did you get your stud conversion kit from I want one and have seen lots of eBay but don't want them to be made of cheese

I'll send you a link m8 later ....Russain Guy Dennis sent me the link ....I only bought them off this guy because all his m8s inc himsel has tested them & they are amazing for the money ....remember you will need to buy bolts as well ....I have 80mm which stick out the wheels a little but I do have 25mm spacers on the front because of my Black Art Coilovers Thumbs up

Thank you for backing me up LOL
It's had everything changed since you last went in it ....I'm hoping for lots more fun this year LOL

PS so glad you bought Ashs car it looks a good one & he sold it far to cheap Whistle
Posted 1st May 2016 at 13:18
manthos

Seasoned Pro

Post #595
Day666 wrote:
manthos wrote:

I'll send you a link m8 later ....Russain Guy Dennis sent me the link ....I only bought them off this guy because all his m8s inc himsel has tested them & they are amazing for the money ....remember you will need to buy bolts as well ....I have 80mm which stick out the wheels a little but I do have 25mm spacers on the front because of my Black Art Coilovers Thumbs up

It's had everything changed since you last went in it ....I'm hoping for lots more fun this year LOL

PS so glad you bought Ashs car it looks a good one & he sold it far to cheap Whistle

Cheers mate. Yea I got it for a great price too. I have been spending lots of money on her already and will be spending more I am sorting her out and making her much better. She'll have a good life with me.

Yes please do send the link I want some now!! Big grin
I have 7 or 10mm spacers on the front to get the cyclones over the wilwoods so will probably only need 60mm ones.

Team SUPERCHARGED

Old Project thread

Posted 1st May 2016 at 16:05
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #596
manthos wrote:
Day666 wrote:
manthos wrote:

Cheers mate. Yea I got it for a great price too. I have been spending lots of money on her already and will be spending more I am sorting her out and making her much better. She'll have a good life with me.

Yes please do send the link I want some now!! Big grin
I have 7 or 10mm spacers on the front to get the cyclones over the wilwoods so will probably only need 60mm ones.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/131776554124

Great bloke to deal with ...get 80mm in case you ever upgrade & locktight them in with Heady duty stuff used two nut trick Thumbs up
Posted 1st May 2016 at 23:20
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #597
Right today's playing consists of the following

Day666 has attached the following image:

Posted 2nd May 2016 at 10:51
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #598
All bleed so easy thanks to Welshpug / Mei idea of drilling the Thermostate ...I bleed it from the thermostat housing & the Expansion tank then bleed itself as it's the highest thing in the engine bay Thumbs up

Posted 2nd May 2016 at 10:54
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #599
Got told this stuff is the best thing to use with G30 Antifreeze 50/50

Posted 2nd May 2016 at 10:55
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #600
I've used this before & it's brilliant as its bright Red & shows leaks easy