displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: Back again….
ant_kernow

Senior User

Post #1
So here we have it.
Back once again, a little balder, much wider however with some free time on my hands.
So the story goes here in Cornwall I’ve noticed Diablo 306 driving round my estate for maybe the last five years by chance on Saturday just gone it was for sale on the roundabout at the end of our street so I snapped it up
I couldn’t believe my luck in buying it considering the last owner a lady had owned it for 18 years (since2006) With a very very folder of history, sadly some of it had been done at Halfords ha ha
Anyway, some pictures of the car and where I’m going with this…

I have already managed to source most parts that are required, including full service kit, including a new Cam water pump, etc - Car has covered 192,000 miles second engine fitted by Peugeot sometime ago but I haven’t sat down and read through the history properly. It’s a non-tapper (and the crowd went wild) And has a lot of potential
I have booked it in for a full spray in three weeks tomorrow I will drop it off to Collins of Probus for two weeks of love where they will go through the car every area and give me a full breakdown of what I’m looking to replace likely items are

Full brakes (pads disks fluid lines)
Full suspension
Re con the torsion bar
Standard full service
ICV (cuts out when you reverse it)
Rear wiper not working
Drivers door window dropped out of glider
Drivers mirror non functional (windows work though OH and the sunroof.).

No doubt they will be busy with it for a bit

I’ve also booked in for the cyclones to be reconditioned to the original citroen colour And to have brand-new tires all round

Other parts I’ve currently bought
New headlights
New fog lights
New rear lights
New door mirrors and covers
New b pillar strips
New side repeaters
New key fobs
New washer jets
New rear badge for lock

I have a s**t ton of bits to buy still, but hopefully within 6 weeks I should be p**sing straight with it….(including a back bumper as it has a tow bar?!?)

Also looking for some one to recondition the seats back to factory, or I’m open to some one selling some immaculate alcantaras

Just noticed my last log on was 2011 - thanks Mr b for recovering my account.

Hopefully there is still some of the ol skool here, please say hello if in the south west.

Further updates to follow….if anyone has any bits or breaking in the south west jump on also.

Edit - no idea how to upload images… but here we are!

ARW.

team umpalumpa.
Posted 8th May 2024 at 17:46
ant_kernow

Senior User

Post #2
Car has been in today for full inspection.

I’m going to fast road this now, I was going to make it back to original but f**k it. I have an idea..

Does anyone know if 207 thp winged seats fit?

I’m going to change the brakes, wheels, suspension, exhaust just to get going then see if it warrants trumpets.

Going to the garage tomorrow to have a good good look around but I think it would be fun to just have a little play about with it.

team umpalumpa.
Posted 9th May 2024 at 17:46