displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Cylinder head
167hp

Post #1
Post #1
Hi Ive had to have my head skimmed again unfortunately so the measurement is 136.40 I know cometic make what ever size gasket is needed. The issue I had was the inlet valves were sat proud of the surface so I had the seats recut to solve the problem.. Would this have any issues on the valve springs? Do I need to grind the tip of valve stem? I know that hydraulic tappets will adjust to the differences but how much is to much? I'm no expert with these engines so bare with me please. Thanks

C. Hughes
Posted 3rd Aug 2024 at 11:54
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
You need to check the installed height and confirm if you still have sufficient spring seat pressure, might need a shim under the lower spring seat, though i have had a head cut to 3 angle seats and the height was perfect as it was for a piper double spring, wasnt a huge cut though.

the stem should be ok if it's a hydraulic tappet unless it was a particularly severe valve seat cut, there is a fair amount of preload in them

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Aug 2024 at 17:04
167hp

Post #3
Lovely stuff!! Thank you for the information. Is there anychance you could tell me what the standard valve spring height is when it's installed please?? I've got the tools to measure all of what is needed but carnt for the life of me find the info for the oem height of the valve springs? Much appreciated in advance and thank you welshpug for your reply.

C. Hughes
Posted 9th Aug 2024 at 16:23
167hp

Post #4
35mm. Obviously spring pressures will have differences.. Due to wear and tear so 90lbs installed height and 200 lbs full lift so I've read and this is using standard oe camshafts and springs.

C. Hughes
Posted 19th Aug 2024 at 22:52