Thanks in advance
________________________________________
Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
|
displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9
| Author | Subject: Strut top strengthening |
superchargedblack1997gti6
Seasoned Pro Location: guildford Registered: 15 Aug 2009 Posts: 2,376 Status: Offline |
Post #1
I'm considering getting this done before Lynx put my engine box back in the car, has anyone else had this done is there any need?Thanks in advance ________________________________________ Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club |
|
|
|
adam b
Seasoned Pro Location: The Nam Registered: 24 Jan 2006 Posts: 12,829 Status: Offline |
Post #2
What are you using the car for?________________________________________ Nothing to see here |
|
|
|
devere
Senior User Location: Saxtead Registered: 16 Dec 2008 Posts: 810 Status: Offline |
Post #3
For road use I'd say it's not necessary. Regardless of power. Unless you are going to be taking bridges at crazy speeds that is!I've done it on the rally car, but that tends to leave the ground and take some heavy landings. It wasn't done when I first started using it tho, and it didn't come to any harm then. |
|
|
|
welshpug!
Capt Pedantic Location: Bigend, Wales. Registered: 27 Mar 2007 Posts: 25,868 Status: Offline |
Post #4
lanes, rallying, and kerb smashing, yes, anything else probably not, I've not noticed them being an issue unlike 205's.________________________________________ need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.comBring on the Trumpets. |
|
|
|
superchargedblack1997gti6
Seasoned Pro Location: guildford Registered: 15 Aug 2009 Posts: 2,376 Status: Offline |
Post #5
Any pics of how you've done it Devere? It's for road use where I live the roads are all lanes more or less, but predominantly track work ? Thanks as always to all of you ________________________________________ Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club |
|
|
|
adam b
Seasoned Pro Location: The Nam Registered: 24 Jan 2006 Posts: 12,829 Status: Offline |
Post #6
I had wondered for my car - but then a big jump yesterday didn't break anything...Mei- that bridge on the skenfrith road top end of 3rd ________________________________________ Nothing to see here |
|
|
|
devere
Senior User Location: Saxtead Registered: 16 Dec 2008 Posts: 810 Status: Offline |
Post #7
I can throw up a picture on Tuesday. I won't see the car till then. The old car had a whole plate over the entire strut top. I think it was 3mm steel. Welded all round the edge and tacked in the hole.The new car has effectively a ring around where the strut top holes go. Doesn't cover the whole area. This is underneath the strut mounting this time tho. It wasn't until a few years of use that I did the old car tho. And that's only because my proflex top mounts sit on top of the turret, rather that underneath as standard ones do. |
|
|
|
superchargedblack1997gti6
Seasoned Pro Location: guildford Registered: 15 Aug 2009 Posts: 2,376 Status: Offline |
Post #8
Right I've now ordered a sheet of 3mm steel and will get this welded on this week. Thanks for the advice again guys cheers________________________________________ Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club |
|
|
|
Twangy
Senior User Location: heswall Registered: 27 Jun 2014 Posts: 623 Status: Offline |
Post #9
welshpug! wrote: lanes, rallying, and kerb smashing, yes, anything else probably not, I've not noticed them being an issue unlike 205's. agree with welshpug , strengthened my topmount but was building for rallying , cant see point if not using for competition ________________________________________ wayne mcardle |
|
|
|
The Peugeot GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club - ©2026 all rights reserved.
Please Note: The views and opinions found herein are those of individuals, and not of The Peugeot 306 GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club or any individuals involved.
No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on, or in relation to, this website. Please see our updated privacy policy. (NEW HOST)