displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: No heating or AC
peter3hg

Post #1
My 1997 306 GTi-6 has no heating or AC. Nothing on the control unit works except the backlight. Neither the AC or recirculating lights come on when you press the button. You get some warm air through the vents but only when moving at a reasonable speed, so I guess this is just air that is being pushed through, rather than drawn through by the fan.
I have checked all the fuses and even replaced the control unit, but this didn't help.
I am now wondering if the relay is the cause. I tried to work out which relay it was but failed. I noticed that I have a gaping whole where most people have a green relay, so is there supposed to be a relay (and holder) here?
The relay, or lack of, is the one being pointed at in this picture (stolen from winno)

If the relay is supposed to be here, how would I go about getting access to the back of the fuse panel and replacing the holder and relay?
Posted 26th Dec 2010 at 22:11
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
You'd know if the relay was meant to be there, it'd be rattling around on the floor of the car Wink

Try removing the three green relays, my guess is that one of them will've committed suicide and melted itself. Replacements can be found at Halfords (about £5) or Peugeot (about £8) if that's the issue.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 27th Dec 2010 at 16:39
peter3hg

Post #3
Problem solved. There was supposed to be a relay there. I found the wiring loose at the back of the headlight height switch.
Rewired it so I could attach a relay and the heating now works perfectly.
Posted 27th Dec 2010 at 19:55